If you need to find the Irving DPS, below is the information you’ll need such as the address and telephone number.
Irving DPS Hours
7AM – 6PM
Irving DPS Location
11411 E Northwest Hwy #111, Dallas, TX 75218
Irving DPS Phone
Visiting Your Irving DPS
Going to the Irving DPS will be like many other visits to other locations. You’ll need the same documents as you will with any other spot. So when you visit the DPS Irving location be ready with the following items. If you would like to study ahead of time for the test you can pick up your handbook from the Irving DPS or go online.
Visiting the DPS Irving location bring the following:
Proof of your identity is needed by the Irving DPS. So have your Social Security Number, and proof of your Texas residency. You may also need to show U.S. citizenship or lawful presence proof to the DPS Irving location.
Filing out the application at the Irving DPS is simple, you will find the form there.
Plus you’ll need to present these things:
- If you own a vehicle you will have to show registration of this vehicle in Texas, if you’ve just moved to the state. Plus you will need to provide financial responsibility proof to the Irving DPS office or
- Proof via an affirmation statement made to the Irving DPS that you do not own any vehicles.
- When you apply in person at the Irving DPS please bring those documents along with your fee money.
- All Irving DPS applicants will be required to pass the vision exam
- At the Irving DPS you will need to take not only the driver test, but a knowledge exam, unless you are exempt. (If you need the language in another language, please see the section to see how to set this up through your DPS Irving office.)
- While a teen who is at the Irving DPS will be required to complete the ITTD (Impact Texas Teen Driver) course along with teen driver education.
NOTE: An applicant at the Irving DPS who is under 25 will have to do the education course ahead of their application for their license. ATTENTION: From April 1, 2015, if you have to take the teen education course, you are also going to need to complete the ITTD requirement as well, this has to be done before the driving skills exam can be taken.
If the applicant at the Irving DPS is under 18, they will need to meet extra criteria. You can find out what those are by going to the Teen Driver page.
Foreign Students and Nonresident Visitors
To protect any chance of identity theft, the Irving DPS strives for extra safety and precautions. So anyone who is not a resident or a student from another country will need to provide proof of lawful presence in the country. You can find out what documents will work for the Irving DPS office by visiting the US Citizenship or Lawful Presence page. The list of documents can also be found in the Verifying Lawful Presence Guide and online as a brochure.
New Texas Residents
For adults who just moved to Texas please go to the adult drivers ed page to see what you are required to bring to the Irving DPS to get your license.
Motorcycle and Moped Riders
For people who need a Class M license because they ride a motorcycle or moped, please see the Motorcycles License page for requirements.
U.S. Military Veterans
Some disabled veterans are able to apply for special designation making them exempt for fees normally paid. To find out if you quality go to the Veteran Services page.